8-channel telemetry system for rotating applications – including signal conditioning for STG, TH-K, PT100, ICP, POT or high-level inputs
CT8-Rotate is an 8-channel telemetry system designed for easy mounting onto rotating parts such as car/truck wheels, helicopter or wind turbine rotors providing non-contact transmission of measured parameters such as pressure, force, temperature, acceleration and voltage.
Sensors inputs are connected via waterproof screw connectors. The sensor signals are conditioned, digitized and transmitted via radio frequencies. Four different carrier frequencies are provided, allowing up to four systems (e.g. for four wheels) to be operated in parallel. The complete transmitter assembly is water-protected according to IP65 specifications.
The following sensors can be connected to the system: (STG) Strain gages sensors in full, half and quarter bridge configuration (> 350 ohm), thermocouples type K (-50 to 1000° C), ICP and capacitive sensors. Voltage inputs of ±5 V and ±10 V are also available.
The stationary receiver in the vehicle (or helicopter cabin) provides ±5 V analog output signals at BNC sockets (option: digital PC interface).
The analog signal bandwidth is 0-95 Hz (40kbit) and up to 0-3000Hz (1280kbit) for eight channels. The measurement accuracy is ±0.25 % (without sensor). The CT4/8-Wheel is specified for operational temperatures from -20° C to +70° C. The maximum distance between transmitter and receiving antenna is approx. 10-20 m (30-60 feet) – depending on the application!
- STG offset via potentiometer or optional auto zero calibration
- 12 bit ADC resolution, silmultaneous sampling of all channels
- Water protected housing (IP65)
- Output analog (+/- 5 V) and digital PC-interface (option) on receiver side
- Universal mounting adapter for fast and precise installation on the wheel
- 4 different carrier frequencies (only with 40 kbit) enable parallel measurements on 4 wheels
- 40...1280 kbit with diversity receiver
- Powered by accumulator (up to 10 h)
|4x 0-190 Hz||8x 95 Hz||with 40 kbit Tx|
|4x 0-1500 Hz||8x 750 Hz||with 320 kbit Tx|
|4x 0-3000 Hz||8x 1500 Hz||with 640 kbit Tx|
|4x 0-6000 Hz||8x 3000 Hz||with 1280 kbit Tx|