2-channel wheel telemetry system – including signal conditioning for STG, TH-K, PT100, ICP, POT or high-level inputs
CT2-Wheel is a telemetry system designed for easy mounting onto rotating wheels to providing non-contact transmission of measured parameters such as pressure, force, temperature, acceleration and voltage. Sensors inputs are connected via waterproof screw connectors. The sensor signals are conditioned, digitized and transmitted via radio frequencies. Four different carrier frequencies are provided allowing up to four systems (e.g. on for four wheels) to be operated in parallel. The complete transmitter assembly is water protected according to IP65 specifications.
The following sensors can be connected to the system: (STG) Strain gages sensors in full, half and quarter bridge configuration (> 350 Ohm), Type K thermocouples -50 to 1000° C (fully galvanically insulated), ICP and capacitive sensors. Voltage inputs of ±5 V and ±10 V are available. The stationary receiver in the vehicle provides ±5 V analog output signals at BNC sockets (option: digital PC interface).
The analog signal bandwidth is from 0-375 Hz (40kbit) and up to 0-12000Hz (1280kbit). The measurement accuracy is ±0.25 % (without sensor). The CT2-Wheel is specified for operational temperatures from -20° C to +70° C. The distance between transmitter and receiving antenna can be up to 10 m (30 feet) – depending on the application!
- STG offset via potentiometer or optional auto zero calibration
- 12 bit ADC resolution, silmultaneous sampling of all channels
- Signal bandwidth: 2x 0-375 Hz (40 kbit), up to 2x 12000 Hz (1280 kbit)
- Water protected housing (IP65)
- Output analog (+/- 5 V) and digital PC interface (option) on receiver side
- Universal mounting adapter for fast and precise installation onto the wheel
- 4 carrier frequencies enable parallel measurements (40 kbit) on 4 wheels
- Powered by accumulator (up to 12 h)
|Bit rate||Cut off frequency from anti aliasing filter (per Channel)||Scanning rate|
|1280 kbit/s||12000 Hz (-3 db)||45714 Hz|
|640 kbit/s||6000 Hz (-3 db)||22857 Hz|
|320 kbit/s||3000 Hz (-3 db)||11428 Hz|
|40 kbit/s||375 Hz (-3 db)||1428 Hz|